How to Apply Divorce Online in India?
Divorce has always been a sensitive matter, whichever country it may be. When it comes to filing for divorce, people often wonder if it can be done online or not. Today we try to answer some of the most common questions raised by the married couple in terms of Divorce and Family Laws in India.
Before we move further, let’s take a step back and try to understand the types of Divorce in India.
There are basically 2 types of Divorce:
Mutual Divorce – When both husband and wife mutually agreed to legally dissolve the marriage. It is the quickest way to get divorced in India. In Mutual Divorce, a consent from the spouse is the key. In other words, Mutual Divorce cannot be applied without the consent from the spouse.
Contested Divorce – It is a type of divorce where spouses express disagreement over terms like Division of property, Alimony or Child custody. Contested Divorce are usually very expensive and time consuming.
How to apply for Divorce online?
There’s a lot of confusion when it comes to filing for online divorce in India. Often people look for this information on the internet and end-up hiring a divorce lawyer they’ve never met. But it is not the same as applying for divorce online.
MutualDivorceOnline.com is a Delhi based law firm, highly expert and experienced in Divorce matters. It is India’s first law firm to successfully design and execute the process of applying Mutual Divorce in India online. They combined years of legal experiences with the latest technology and made the perfect tool for online divorce application.
At present they are serving in the Family courts of Delhi NCR, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Pune, Mumbai, Hyderabad & Chennai
Steps to create an account in 15 seconds
- Go to https://mutualdivorceonline.com/Login.aspx
- Enter your Name, Email id and Phone number to Register
- Once you click on register, you’ll receive an email from with the Username & default Password
- Go back to the login page and use the same credentials to login.
Mutual Divorce Online Team never share your personal information with any one, nor use it for remarketing purposes ever. They take client confidentiality very seriously.
After you’re successfully logged in, you can now begin the mutual divorce process by filling out the Online Divorce Form. This platform is so transparent that clients can actually see the process of their case when they login into their MDO account.
Benefits of creating an account
- No registration fee
- Takes only 15 seconds to open
- Check the overall process of your divorce case
- Easily upload documents and make payments online
- Send a message to your dedicated lawyer any time.
Once they receive the divorce form submitted by you, they assign your case to their most experienced divorce lawyer. Here are the steps for applying mutual divorce online.
How much does Mutual Divorce cost?
They charge a total fee of Rs 40,000 for the entire Mutual Divorce process which you’re required to pay in 4 installments as the case progresses.
- Rs. 10,000 advance for drafting
- Rs. 10,000 at the time of passing of first motion
- Rs. 10,000 at the time of passing of second motion
- Rs. 10,000 at the time of handing out the Divorce Decree
Documents required for Mutual Divorce in India
- Marriage Cards or Marriage Certificate
- 2Joint Marriage Photograph
- 2 Passport Size photographs of both parties
- Adhaar Card and/or any other current address proof of both parties